Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Official training.




I've now officially registered to run The Rut 50k on September 15th at Big Sky, which means that I have to stop having fun and start training.  Whatever that means.

I've started trying to incorporate some Fartlek into my week, particularly on mornings when I don't have time for a long run.  In particular I'm trying to alternate a few hundred yards of maximum speed with a few minutes of moderate jogging.  Sprinting is quite painful for me still, and I'm much more worked after 6 miles of this than after yesterday's much more objectively taxing run up Lolo Peak, even though on average I was only hitting 8 minute miles (on average).  This slowly learning to run fast seems like a good way to learn how to run slowly faster(?).   

No comments:

Post a Comment